Happy New Year, loves! Champagne is my love language and drug of choice so you can imagine how I feel when it's going to be NYE!
When I think of Austin, I think of Barton Springs, tacos, Topo Chico, SOCO, Willie Nelson, bikes, my lovely memories from being a student at UT Austin, hipsters and hippies. I also think of Mighty Swell. Being a local Austin brand and sharing a lot of the same cultural values as the city, these sparkling cocktails couldn't possibly be more Austin. With that said, they have become one of my favorite canned beverages, whether I am having a picnic, grilling outside or hosting a New Year's Eve party, I always make sure to bring along a pack of Mighty Swell. I was so happy to see that now they only carry 120 calories and 4 grams of sugar- plus they are also GLUTEN FREE and NON GMO.
Since my favorite flavor is Peach, I made a delicious cocktail with it using sherbet and champagne. Here's how to make a Sherbet Cocktail for NYE using Mighty Swell:
- 1 bottle of your favorite champagne
- 1 pack of Mighty Swell Peach drinks
- 4 champagne glasses
- Berry flavored sherbet (or any flavor you like)
- Ice cream scooper
- Grab the ice cream scooper and scoop one small ball of sherbet into each of the four glasses
- Immediately fill 1/3 of each glass with Mighty Swell Peach
- Fill the rest of the glasses with champagne and voila you will have the perfect sherbet cocktail for NYE!